To be born again, humans must believe:
9. Jesus is the only child of God created by immaculate conception. Luke 1:26-38
10. Jesus did no sin. 2 Corinthians 5:20-21 Now then we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God did beseech you by us: we pray you in Christ’s stead, be ye reconciled to God. For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him. Hebrews 4:14-15 Seeing then that we have a great high priest, that is passed into the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our profession. For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin.
11. Jesus took our sins and died in our place. 1 Peter 2:21-24 For even hereunto were ye called: because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that ye should follow his steps: Who did no sin, neither was guile found in his mouth: Who, when he was reviled, reviled not again; when he suffered, he threatened not; but committed himself to him that judgeth righteously: Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed. Romans 5:6-10 Jesus was born to a virgin. The angel told Mary that the Holy Spirit would create a child in her and that child would be holy. Because Jesus was not conceived through sexual intercourse, he did not fall prey to the curse of the fall that humans inherited. Jesus was the only human ever born who was without sin. When God sent Jesus to the world, he knew he would be crucified for our sins.
12. Jesus provided our salvation including salvation from death spiritually, weakness, poverty, disease, hatred, and separation from God. Psalms 103:1-5
13. Jesus came that we might have life and that more abundantly. John 10:10 The thief comes not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: Jesus said, “I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.”
14. The Devil continues to steal, kill and destroy. 1Peter 5:8 Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:
15. The Devil is constantly trying to separate humans from God. Revelation 12:10-11 And I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, Now is come salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of his Christ: for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our God day and night. And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death.
Devil, Satan, Serpent: There are several names used in the scriptures, which refer to the enemy of our faith. His nature has been perverted by his lust, greed, and delusion. We believe it started when he and one-third of the angels rebelled against God and were cast out of heaven. It has been the enemy’s obsession to destroy humans. They were made in the image of God which he despises. Jealousy, greed, deceit, and death are his motive.
God sent his son, Jesus, so that we might have life and have it more abundantly. Health and healing are provided in the new birth and are a part of abundant life. Jesus said in Mark 16:15 -18 “…Go ye into all the world and preach the gospel to every creature. He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned. And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues; They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.”
In the same way, death comes with sin and includes ignorance, lack, poverty, sickness, and hate, that is the way life, love, health, and prosperity come from a covenant relationship with God through Jesus Christ. A person can believe God exists and not accept his son or redemption. Belonging to a church doesn’t redeem us and the genetic family you were born to has nothing to do with accepting Jesus as Messiah or rejecting him. There is one sin that will condemn a human to eternal damnation. Mark 3:28-29 Jesus said, “All sins shall be forgiven to the sons of men and blasphemies: but he that shall blaspheme against Holy Ghost has never forgiveness but is in danger of eternal damnation.” Matthew 12:31-32 agrees and adds, whosoever speaks against the Holy Ghost, it shall not be forgiven him, neither in this world, neither in the world to come. Scripture tells us it is appointed to humans once to die and then the judgment. Hebrews 9:27-28 Revelations 21:8 speaks of the second death. When a human’s body dies that is death. When a human accepts Jesus as Lord we say they die to sin and become a new creature. The second death will never happen to a child of God. The second death or eternal separation from life and light is when the spirit of a human leaves its dead human body and is cast into eternal darkness. There will be no end to that pain. Revelations 20:13-15
For the child of God Revelations 21:4 says, “And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.” Revelation 2:11 “…He that overcometh shall not be hurt by the second death.” Eternal life is provided in the new birth. New birth is provided by accepting Jesus as the son of God.