Every Wednesday evening
join Youth Pastor TJ Oakley streaming live
from Elevate Student Ministries @ 6:30 p.m.
Click the Elevate logo to view their Facebook page.
Wednesday Pastor Ron Johnson will be live streaming on our Facebook page and Sunday morning beginning with prayer at 10:00 a.m. and worship at 10:30 a.m., we will host a live stream. If you choose to drive to our parking lot one mile west of Walmart on Hwy 35, we will have a stage and speakers so you can hear and see the service from your car.
Take time out to join in prayer with Spencer Tuesday @ 10:30 a.m. and later with our Men’s group every Tuesday @ 6:30 p.m.
There is no distance in the spirit. Pray for our nation, our community, our church and our families.
Call for details.
Sarah Oakley, Director of Kingdom Kids has provided a lesson for the children on their Facebook. Click on the image to visit and enjoy with your children.
Unless otherwise noted, all events and services, will be live streaming only.
March 20, 2020
Fort Payne Church of God Family,
On March 19, 2020, Governor Kay Ivey and the Alabama Department of Public Health issued a statewide health order to aid in Alabama’s efforts to contain the spread of COVID-19. Effective immediately;
“All gatherings of 25 persons or more, or gatherings of any size that cannot maintain a consistent six-foot distance between persons, are prohibited. This Order shall apply to all gatherings, events or activities that bring 25 or more persons in a single room or single space at the same time.”
Of course, we understand that as a Church of the Living God we answer to local authorities (Rom 13:1-7), to our Church leadership, and ultimately to God Himself (Act 5:29). And further we understand that God instructs us to not forsake the assembling of ourselves together (Heb 10:25). We also recognize that in this case the instructions from the Government and State are for our good and protection and we want to comply with any order that can protect our congregation and community. Therefore to reconcile the two we have decided the following changes.
1. We will have a Drive-In service on Sunday mornings. Beginning prayer at 10 am and Worship Services at 10:30 am. All other activities and services will be postponed or adjusted to a different format such as live streaming etc. Children’s church or Nursery will not be available. Sunday and Wednesday evening services will be available online.
2. Again we will not meet inside the building, but instead have a Drive-In service. Meaning we will hold the service outside in the parking lot. People will remain in their cars and listen through open windows, facebook live, or FM transmitter on your car radio. The church foyer will be open for bathroom facilities but we ask that individuals do their best to maintain a 6 foot distance. Cold water will be available. Offering will be taken. Prayer provided to individuals. Parking attendants.
3. Our custodial staff is cleaning all frequently touched surfaces in the sanctuary, foyer, and bathrooms on a routine basis. We will continue to do this as long as coronavirus remains a threat to our health.
4. We will be limiting all activities and visitation to the Church Foyer bathrooms so we can keep these area’s clean and disinfected.
5. If you need to enter the church at any other time please contact the Pastor for guidance.
6. If you are sick or prefer to stay home to avoid contact, we will be making the service available online through facebook live. If you do not have internet or facebook please let us know so a copy of the services can be mailed to you.
7. Please continue to give your tithes and offering because our church bills continue. And in addition we are working on new ministries to meet the coming needs of the church and community that will be severely affected by the loss of jobs and income. You may send your Tithes and Offering through Givelify or mail them to Fort Payne Church of God, PO Box 680974, Fort Payne, AL 35968.
8. If you are quarantined at home, sick, or unable to attend and have any needs of essentials, prayer, or help in any way, please let us know as soon as possible. We want to make sure everyone in our Church family is protected and taken care of. We even have people that will be able to pick up needed items and deliver it to your door, just let us know. You are our main concern.
We will continue to keep you informed of any future developments that might impact the Fort Payne Church of God and its members. In the meantime, we encourage you to remain calm, to take the appropriate measures to stay healthy, and continue your thoughts and prayers for those directly impacted by this virus.
Pastor Ron Johnson,
The Pastors Advisory Council; Brian Baine, Charles Blevins, and Edward & Dana McIntire
Unless otherwise noted, all events and services, except Sunday morning worship, have been canceled or postponed.